LCO Chairman Addresses Covid-19 and Latest Safety Measures
By Louis Taylor
On behalf of the Tribal Governing Board, I want to assure our Members that the Tribal Government is addressing the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the current status of national events as it affects our communities. Here is an update of the following measures that have been taken to keep our Tribal Members, Employees, all Community Members as safe and healthy as possible. As of 3/25/20, we are at zero positive COVID-19 at LCO. However, to maintain safety, we closed non-essential Tribal enterprises, although there are a few essential departments that remain open with limited hours.
· LCO K-12 School and Waadookodaading have closed but are delivering meals to students.
· LCO Headstart and Early Headstart are closed. Staff are delivering food baskets and necessities to HS/EHS families, one basket per week for two weeks at this time.
· LCO Community Health Center is asking people to call instead of walk-in. The triage is set up for immediate screening for COVID-19 if you are experiencing illness: fever, cough, shortness of breath, and diarrhea.
· Food Baskets are being delivered to Tribal Members in need, Elders 60 and over (if no other means of food), ill and quarantined, high risk with medical issues, and homeless. Baskets will be assembled and delivered to homes Thursday. Please call Karen Gordon at 715-558-7911 for donations and volunteers. All Elder Centers are closed.
· LCO Housing is closed. Please call 715-634-2147 if you have a housing maintenance emergency.
· LCO Men’s Shelter and Women’s shelter are open for emergency housing.
· Sevenwinds Casino/Lodge/Convention Center and Grindstone Creek Casino - closed.
· Tribal Court has limited court appearances. Please call ahead if you require services.
· Until further notice, the LCO Tribal Administration Offices are closed to the public. Only essential employees will be working. Any business will be conducted by phone or email. If you need any assistance, please call or email the necessary department.
· LCO Voc Rehab is open by phone and email for their consumers. There will be at least one person in the office Mon-Fri to take phone calls.
· LCO Conservation is closed. If Wardens are required, call 715-634-5213.
· Grants writing for Health and Human Services funding are enacted due to COVID-19.
· C-Store and QuickStop hours are 8 am to 8 pm.
· Big Fish is closed.
Health Center/Clinic 715-638-5100 General Assistance 715-558-7474 or 7434
Tribal Government 715-634-8934 Conservation 715-634-0102
Tribal Accounting 715-634-7453 Tribal Police 715-634-8350
Vocational Rehab 715-634-9213 Tribal Court 715-558-7430
Income Maintenance 715-558-7458 Food Basket Requests 715-558-7911
Mens Shelter 715-558-2034 Womens Shelter 715-634-9360
We are asking everyone to be mindful of others, please stay home and adhere to safe-distance and daily selfcare. We are doing exceptionally well with precautions and quarantines. We will keep you updated as necessary as things are constantly changing. Please continue to follow the Tribe's Facebook page or tune into WOJB for these updates. I am extremely grateful for the employees and volunteers working together for the safety of our People.