LCO Health Center Update on Covid-19
By LCDR Summer Pearson, USPHS
Lac Courte Oreilles Community Health Center
The Lac Courte Oreilles Community Health Center has tested 41 patients for COVID-19. 40 patients tested negative (do not have the virus) and 1 patient is awaiting results.
The Health Center asks that anyone who demonstrates the following symptoms call the COVID hotline:
· Cough (not attributed to another health condition)
· Fever (100.4°F or higher)
· Shortness of breath
· Body aches (not associated with other health conditions or exercise)
· Loss or change in taste or smell
· Sore throat or nasal congestion (not associated with seasonal allergies)
· Gastrointestinal Symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
The hotline number is 715-934-4518.
The Lac Courte Oreilles Community Health Center recommends patients continue to observe social distancing guidelines, wearing a mask when out in public and good hand hygiene during this crisis.
We want our patients to receive the quality care they’ve come to know and expect. In this unprecedented time we are becoming more resourceful in meeting the healthcare needs of our patients. To minimize the spread of COVID-19 we have implemented innovative ways to provide service while maintaining social distance and adequate PPE (personal protective equipment). For example:
· Pharmacy – we are providing curbside service
· Dental – Patients who call the clinic requesting treatment are screened via teledentistry to conduct a problem focused evaluation and determine if the condition requires in-office treatment. All emergent/urgent needs are addressed or patient is referred to an appropriate outside provider as indicated.
· Podiatry – we are seeing urgent patients and caring for everyone who needs to be seen
· Telehealth – we have implemented telehealth for patients who need to speak to a provider but do not necessarily need to come in to the Health Center
· Laboratory Services – we are pleased to begin providing curbside glucose and hemoglobin A1C testing. This will allow our community to receive blood sugar and A1C results without the need to enter the Health Center. The Providers will determine, on a case-by-case basis, who will need this testing and the patient will be notified. The service will be provided curbside so the patient will have no need to leave their vehicle. The Provider will call the patient to discuss the result.
· Coronavirus Testing – we are continuing to provide curbside testing
· Chiropractic Services – we are seeing acute pain patients
· Behavioral Health Services – continues to provide services for mental health, substance abuse and comprehensive community services. We are utilizing telehealth (Zoom). Our number is 715-699-1916
If you need medical care, our Providers are here for you. Call 715-638-5100 and if necessary, you will be scheduled for an appointment. If it something that can be remedied over the phone we will do so. We must do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and these services allow us to continue the care you expect while keeping our patients and staff safe.
The Lac Courte Oreilles Community Health Center appreciates all the community is doing during this difficult time. We have received donations of cloth masks and clips for surgical masks which are much appreciated. We appreciate all the kind words of encouragement many of you have given. We are all stressed and lifting each other up is very helpful. Thank you.