LCO College Celebrates Recent Success; Looks to the Future
Submitted by the LCO Ojibwa Community College
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College came together to celebrate the successes that we have achieved together over the last six months and discuss the future of the College.
“Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College is about lifting each other up, building each other up, giving each other confidence. Because when we motivate and encourage each other, only good things happen” says Dr. Russell Swagger, President of Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College.
· Built and announced Bachelor’s Degree Pilot courses
· Received approval to offer GED/HSED, CNA, and Medical Assistant programs
· Increased our influence through committee and board service with the Sawyer County/Lac Courte Oreilles Economic Development Commission Board, NorthLakes Community Clinic Advisory Committee
· Students participated in a research trip to Costa Rica, attended the AIHEC Student Conference, participated in the Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium’s First Nations Launch High Powered Rocketry Competition
· Celebrated 42 graduates
· Facilitated a Knock & Talk in the Bad River and Red Cliff Communities
· Adding a Science Lab Shower station and refreshing the Auditorium for the new year
· Received grants supporting Science degrees (SEEDS) and student success (Achieving the Dream)
· Upgraded technology to support student success through launching a new learning management system, upgrading zoom audio equipment, installing new PCs across our sites, new wireless and switching throughout the Hayward Campus, and installed a secondary internet pipe at the Hayward Campus
· Welcomed a new Board of Regents Member, Melissa Lewis
· Celebrated the Investiture of Dr. Russell Swagger
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College has retained an architectural firm, DSGW, to assist us in creating a master facility plan focusing on the preservation and potential redevelopment of all current facilities as well as the definition of new facilities which will establish a framework for the anticipated LCOOCC facility needs for the next decade and beyond. We will be hosting community listening sessions over the next few months.