Attention! Let 2021 Be the Year to Branch Out Into the World of Child Care
Submitted by Nicole Homer
LCO Daycare Center
Do you have friends or family that do well with children and need steady employment? LCO is in the process of creating and filling positions for the new daycare center. We’ve partnered with Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College to recruit individuals to enroll in the Child Development Associate: Specialized Certificate (CDA) program, as we hope to fill the daycare center with qualified individuals as quickly as possible. Help your friends and family by sharing this information regarding the CDA program, as well as the daycare center job postings to continually watch for on the LCO Job Postings page.
The instructor, Lori St. Germaine, will have the first course modules ready to go "live" sometime this week.
Here are the next steps:
1. Submit your registration forms (if you haven't already - a copy is attached)
2. Complete the attached Background Check release form (please be advised that you can start the 1st course, but if you were to fail the background check - then you will need to withdraw from the course) and scan and email it back to me.
3. If you need to check out a laptop you can do this and pick it up from me at the college after Monday, January 4th, 2021, if you are located at an outreach site, we can work out an alternative.
4. Your textbook will be mailed to you (Monday 1/4/2021) - it belongs to the program - if you'd like to purchase it please let me know and we can add it to your invoice.
5. Review the attached flow chart for the Child Development Associate (please keep in mind we are here to assist you in the process, but it does encompass more than just the 8, 1 credit courses with the college).
6. We encourage you to apply for a TEACH scholarship and will provide more information on this during the orientation.
7. I will email as soon as I can the Zoom information for 2 orientation days next week (one during the day and one evening option - you only need to attend 1).
8. Please keep in mind that this is an online certificate - and built to be work at your own pace. We will be enrolling students on an ongoing basis. Once you successfully complete course 1 then you move on to course 2, etc.
Please if you have questions at any time do not hesitate to contact Amber Marlow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-634-4790 x156.